Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What I've been watching : Blindness, The Children of Huang Shi, and Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist

Blindness
When everyone in the world goes blind except 1 person... Director Meirelles does some interesting things with the visuals allowing the viewer to feel the frustration of the characters. This is interesting but a very unpleasant view of the human species.

The Children of Huang Shi
This film is based on the life of journalist George Hogg who, during the Japanese invasion of China, led a group of orphans 75 km through the mountains of China to safety. This is a heroic tale about a remarkable man.

Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist
This is a sweet high school romance. Michael Cera is just the boy I would want to date my daughter if I had one! Beware: there is some sex and what they do with a piece of gum is beyond disgusting! But I enjoyed it anyway.

No comments: