Sunday, December 6, 2009

An Education

In the Theaters
An Education
I saw that this movie got very good reviews and was said to have a flavor similar to a Jane Austen story, so I didn’t want to miss it. Set in London in 1961, it’s the story of a girl from a lower-middle class family who is studying hard to get into Oxford when she meets a charming and sophisticated older man. As their relationship develops, he shows her a glamorous world of culture and beauty that entices her away from her studies. The story is engaging, the acting is excellent and even my husband enjoyed it, despite the lack of action and the comparison to the dreaded Jane Austen.

A review from my colleague Judie Harren. She's out going to movies and I'm home blowing my nose! I'm jealous! (this is from me, Julie, from my sickbed)

No comments: