Friday, June 3, 2011

What I've been watching:

I have taken a lot of vacation days this month so have missed many blog posts. Sorry. I'll try to catch up next week. Even though I was on vacation I didn't watch too many films. Here are the two I did watch:

Farewell
This film is based on a true story about the fall of the Soviet bloc. A Russian KGB agent passed on important documents regarding the Russians’ knowledge of American CIA activities to the French, who then passed it on to the Americans. Reagan declared it “one of the most important espionage cases of the twentieth century.” The two men involved, an ordinary French engineer (whose boss had ties to military intelligence) & the KGB agent who wanted a better life for his son, were both sympathetically portrayed & the story, as it followed them, was fascinating. As things began to fall apart for the Soviets, the plot got a little confusing. Nevertheless, it was a fascinating spy story because of the two individuals involved.

Switch
Jason Bateman, who is always appealing, and Jennifer Aniston play best friends. She decides to have a baby by herself and through a comedy of errors ends up having a baby whose biological father is her best friend. The relationship between the child and Bateman was especially endearing. I was expecting a romantic comedy but what I got was a sweet story so I was definitely not disappointed.

No comments: